Well, I did pretty well at the consignment sale this afternoon! I got each baby a few winter outfits that they desperately needed! I love getting good deals!
Dinner tonight was at church which is sometimes a challenge to eat healthy. I am normally ok with self control and can say no to food if I know I don’t need it for myself. However, I have been working out a lot more than normal and I seem to be hungry every few hours. So needless to say I was starving at dinner. I didn’t take a photo because it was not pretty but I am going to be honest to show that again, none of us our perfect.
What I ate:
- Hot dog bun with chili, slaw, mustard and ketchup.
- 7 tater tots
- extra cole slaw
I wanted to share my Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe with you that I have mentioned a few times.
Saturday afternoon I prepared this soup and Sunday I warmed it in the crock-pot for a soup luncheon after church.
I roasted a 5 pound chicken and used about 1/3 of it for the soup. (My very sweet husband pulled the meat for me) I made a very large batch of soup that probably could have fed about 15 people.
Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Chicken, fully cooked and pulled or chopped
- 1/2 white onion chopped
- 4 oz. can of green chili peppers
- 2 cups frozen corn
- Box of Chicken broth (I believe they come in 30 oz boxes)
- 2 cups of salsa
- lemon juice
- chili powder and cumin to taste
1. Sauté onion with lemon juice. Add green chili peppers when the onion is translucent.
2. Add remaining ingredients. Season to your liking and simmer for one hour.