I love coffee and I love chocolate! Ever since I decided to give up flavored coffee creamers (such as vanilla coffee mate, my favorite) I have been trying different ways to flavor my coffee.
I am not a big fan of flavored coffee blends because I feel they are often to strong for my liking. Yesterday I experimented with a couple things but none of them came out just right.
First try: I put a few chocolate chips in my usual cup. FAIL! The chocolate settled in the bottom and I couldn’t even taste it.
Second try: I added a drop of raspberry extract to my coffee. This was pretty good. (It would have been better if I added sweetner but I was out of Truvia)
Third try: SUCCESS! Cafe Mocha
- I melted about 6 dark chocolate chips in a splash of half and half for 30 seconds in the microwave. (Put microwave on 70% power so you don’t burn the chocolate)
- Stir chocolate and half and half together until smooth
- Stir chocolate mixture into brewed coffee.
- Add desired amount of half and half or milk
- Add packet of Truvia. (Today I used organic raw sugar b/c I am still out of Truvia)
I loved this so much I think I am going to make a second cup while I whip up Pumpkin Scones for a bake sale tomorrow at the VA hospital!
Wish me luck