This morning the babies let us sleep until 7:30! Woo hoo! I was very happy about that. After feeding them I made America’s Test Kitchen’s Buttermilk Pancakes.
Last night I left you with a promise to let you in on the dough balls I made. Adapted from Mama Pea’s vegan dough balls. I followed her recipe closely but had to make a few changes due to the ingredients I had on hand. They still turned out wonderfully!
- 1/2 cup non-dairy butter (earth balance)
- 3/4 cup natural peanut butter (I used Naturally More)
- 1/2 cup organic brown sugar (I used Sucanat)
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- (Mama Pea’s recipe calls for 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour and 1/2 cup unbleached flour; I did not have pastry flour so I used this combination)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- My dough was VERY dry so I added a splash of milk (my dough balls are obviously not vegan)
Cream butter, peanut butter, sugars and vanilla.
In separate bowl combine dry ingredients and slowly add to butter mixture. After all ingredients are combined well add chocolate and peanut butter chips.
Chill dough for 30 min.
Form dough into balls and bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
I put mine in a mini muffin tin to bake
This morning along with my dough ball I had two blueberry pancakes and two pieces of turkey sausage.
I tried two new things this morning…
1. Jennie-O Turkey sausage…I really liked it!
2. My ball whisk which came in my swag bag from the Foodbuzz Festival
This was so cool! Thank you Foodbuzz!