Well, we are on the way to drop the kiddos off with their Mama Jane and Daddy Doc (Lew’s parents.)
Lew and I are both so grateful for them to be watching our babies. I know they are going to have a great time. The hardest part of the whole thing for me is the list. How do you tell the people watching your children everything you want them to know without being way to overwhelming and telling them way to much? I have no idea but I tried. I think I did okay at it. Lew and I both thought it would fun to let you in on our list.
A normal day for LB and Daisy:
LB wakes up anywhere between 6:30 and 8:00. Daisy wakes up between 7:00 and 8:00.
When they wake up (normally LB is first) we feed them an 8 oz. bottle each. (8 oz. water /4 scoops of formula). After they both have their bottles (normally around 9:00 if we are staying at home all morning) I give each of them a serving of yogurt.
-L B eats the soy yogurt. Daisy eats the organic French vanilla.
Sometimes they like to lay down and take a short nap around 9:00 but normally they stay up and play. You will be able to tell if they want to lay back down. Daisy will be sucking her fingers and laying her head down. LB will act sleepy (rub eyes, fuss a little) but normally they do not take a nap until 11:00ish. Before their nap they each eat a 6 oz. bottle. (6 oz water/3 scoops formula) I normally feed LB first and let Daisy play in the walker or ultrasaucer.
They sleep for 1.5 to 2 hrs. When they wake up I feed them their lunch (normally around 1:00).
o They love sweet potatoes but they were out at the store. You can bake them a sweet potato and they love that!
o They also love peas. I normally offer peas and sweet potatoes
o If you want to they can have a serving of oatmeal with a veggie.
o ¼ cup oatmeal with ¼ cup water
o If they eat all their lunch and still seem hungry I offer them a jar of fruit to split. (They also are enjoying trying fresh fruits)
After lunch they play. Between 3-4 they have another 6 oz. bottle.
Dinner: (normally around 6) They don’t always eat a lot for dinner but you can offer them veggies or oatmeal. (just like at lunch)
After dinner they play for a little while and then we get ready for bed around 7:00. They take a 6 oz. bottle before bed. Daisy usually will suck her fingers and be ready for bed. If she cries for more than 5 minutes she probably is not ready for bed and would like to cuddle for a little while. LB sometimes falls asleep while eating. If not it is good to let him cuddle for a few minutes. When he gets really tired we lay him down. We normally let him cry for about 10 minutes. If he doesn’t stop we just hold him with me on the couch and let him relax and get sleepier or you can hold him really tight and he will sometimes go right back to sleep.
· LB loves his passy. We put 3 or 4 in his crib for nap and bedtime.
· We have been covering them up with their blankets at naptime and bedtime. It seems to help LB sleep.
· We have been offering them raisins or craisins as a snack and they love them.
· They both love bananas. LB has thrown up the last two times he had one but I think its because he is cutting teeth.
· We have been trying to offer them small pieces of fresh fruits and cooked vegetables.
· If LB eats anything with milk or wheat it upsets his stomach and he will scream for hours.
· Daisy loves that pink blankie. If she is upset it normally makes things better.
· LB likes to sit in your lap on the couch when he is getting sleepy.
· LB sometimes wakes up crying anywhere between 9-11. He normally just fusses for a few minutes then goes back to sleep. If he doesn’t stop just hold him really tight and he will go back to sleep.
· We normally only bath them every other day.
· When travelling in the car I make sure to have bottles filled with water and formula ready in the diaper bag.
· If they get fussy while riding in the car they like the kids CD’s
· LB normally cries when the car stops but if you give him his passy he will calm down when the car starts moving.
· If LB’s teeth are bothering him Tylenol and baby oragel rubbed on his gums helps.
· LB takes one prevacid tablet a day. If you put it in his mouth he will chew it up.
· Daisy needs her antibiotic once a day.
What we packed…
Pink Suitcase: There are plenty of outfits for both of them along with pajamas and socks.
There should be plenty of formula, baby food, diapers and wipes.
It seems like there should be so much more for them to know but really that about sums it up! I hope they all have such a wonderful time.
See you tonight from Nashville and tomorrow from Whistler!!!