Ash & Lew Plus 2 Rotating Images

280 Days to a New ME (Lew that is)!!!

This morning I weighed in at 258 LBS.  I don’t remember the last time I weighed this much, maybe my senior year in High school.

This photo was taken during football season in 1998, my senior year in high school.

Hope, Lew, and Charity Kizer 1999- Lew's football playoffs-015

In 280 days I will turn thirty years old.  30 Years old… Wow it’s hard to believe that I am going to be 30 years old. That is three decades.  That is 360 Months.  That is 10,950 Days.  Well that is enough of that you get the point.  I am glad that I have made it 29 years but I now have a goal to live the next 8 months 18 days different than I have over the last 352 months.  I am going to be healthy.  I am going to think about everything I put into my mouth and how I can be active ever single day.  Today is a new day that will lead to me losing 58 LBS over the next 280 Days.  That is .20lbs a day or 1.5 LBS a week or 7.5 LBS a month. With this formula, on 8/18/2011 I will weigh 200 LBS.  Here are a few pictures of me growing up.

1981 new born

Lew Kizer- 1981204

1982 1 year old

Lew, Lewis, Jane, Hope and Charity Kizer, Nov 1982-008

1983 2 years old

Lew Kizer- 1983- Christmas234

1986 5 years old

Lew Kizer- 1st grade- winter261

1991  10 years old My little League Picture

Lew Kizer 10yrs old271

1997 15 years old My sister Charity and I, She was prom queen of her senior prom

Charity and Lew Kizer Prom 1997029

2000 18 Years old Traveling the country with my buddy Matt

Lew Kizer- trip out west- 2000-078

2003 My last Sunday at Mt. Carmel with my grandmother NannyLew'sLastSunday -Mt.Carmel&Oakfield&FirstSun-RugbyRoad&Sunbright 007

2007 Asking Ashlee to marry me in Brugge Belgium belgium

2009 at Lake Tahoe with Ashlee

2009

2010 Christmas

2010

Now you have seen my progression through life.  I have always struggled with my weight.  I feel as if I have always relied on me being in pretty good shape but have never fully focused on losing weight so I could be healthier.  So My goal over the next 280 days to get in shape (and round does not need to be the shape) and healthy.

You might ask how in the world I plan on doing this.  My plan started this morning.  For breakfast I had a egg white omelet with mushrooms, spinach, and a few drops of hot sauce. My beverage was Bigelow Green Tea with Lemon.   A few hours later I had a serving of Chobani blueberry non fat Greek Yogurt.  And for lunch I plan on eating homemade Chicken soup.  I plan on working out 5 days a week.  These workouts will be both cardio and strength training.  Ashlee and I are planning on Running in the Knoxville Half Marathon in April which will be my first challenge of the year.  I am still thinking of my next challenge, if you have any ideas let me know

When I think about my weight loss journey I think about what its going to take.  It will take whipping my mind into shape.  It will take planning out what I eat, planning out what I do, planning out how I am going to face church dinners, eating out, going on trips, and realizing that it is not going to happen over night.  Many times in my life I have decided that I was going to lose weight.  I would be excited for a little while, maybe a week or two or even sometimes a month or two.  So this time I ask myself what is going to be different? What am I going to do?   It is going to have to start with my mind!!! When I ran a Marathon this year there were many times that I could have cheated and my mind kept telling me that it would be ok and no one would know but I didn’t and overcame the tricks my mind continued to play with me.  I will have to overcome my mind games.

Thank you for being with me on my journey.  I will be posting daily about my workouts, my food that I eat, the water I drink, and the games that I have to play with my mind to achieve the goal to be 200 LBS by 8/18/2011.

Article Global Facebook Twitter Myspace Friendfeed Technorati del.icio.us Digg Google Yahoo Buzz StumbleUpon Eli Pets

15 Comments

1. Red says:

Good luck! hehe, mind games are what work best for me! :-)

2. Jen says:

Good luck to you Lew! With Ash by your side I’m sure you’ll do fantastic and reach your goal :)

Jen
    Jen recently posted..2011

3. Hope obriant says:

We all look so young in that first pic! You can do it – I know u can. I’m planning on losing 7 lbs by Feb 15th. This season I’ve indulged a little too much & haven’t worked out in 2 weeks! Time for change!

4. Mama Pea says:

Look at you and your sweet babies! And when you were a sweet baby! So sweet…Baby? Okay, we’re not there yet.

Thanks for your kind comment. I wish you nothing but luck with this weight loss endeavor. You can absolutely do it. And I know where you can find some healthy, delicious vegan recipes. You know, in case you are into that kind of thing…

5. I’m impressed by your will and determination to make some positive changes in your life. Best of luck with your journey!
    Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} recently posted..What’s Cooking for 2011

6. Good luck on your journey to a healthier you! You can totally do it!

ps – Your family is ADORABLE!

7. Jane Kizer says:

You can do it! The picture of you at 1 …looks like LB! Love you!

8. Lew – so glad you’re going to be a part of Team HEAB. I think it will really help with your goals. Lindsey’s workouts are great – quick and efficient and will rev up your metabolism. That being said, for me weight loss was so much more about my food intake. Sounds like you’re off to a good start – you can so do this!

I’m really bummed I miss seeing you guys when you passed through town as well. Hopefully next time! Please give those cute little twins of yours a hug from HEAB! :)
    Heather Eats Almond Butter recently posted..Pajama Party

9. FB says:

So much of the weight loss game is mental. It never fails to amaze me. But I think this is a TOTALLY achievable goal. Go you! You can do it!

10. Kathleen says:

You’ve got this Lew! I’m excited to follow both you and Ash as you reach your goals for 2011. I’ll be cheering you both on for sure.
    Kathleen recently posted..Happy New Year

11. Jen says:

Loved all the old pictures!! Lew you look awesome…so proud of what you’ve already accomplished!! Wishing you all the best in this next step on your jouney!

12. Great goals! I’m excited to watch your journey!

13. Good luck with your goals, Lew! You sound like you’ve got a great plan and you’re really determined. I’ve lost about 40 lbs over the last 4 years, and the biggest change that made a difference was listening to my body and stopping as soon as I was full…not uncomfortably full, just satisfied. The best part is, you get hungry within a few hours, so you can eat another healthy and delicious snack. You’ve got this! Stay positive! :)

14. What a great journey! I used to be slightly overweight when I was around 10 years old, but thanks to good eating and exercise, I have been able to overcome it before it progressed! Hopefully you will reach your goal with your plans. Good luck! :)

15. Mary says:

This is awesome, Lew! So proud!! Keep us posted on your progress. If you interested in counting calories, losing weight can be super easy with http://www.sparkpeople.com or http://www.myplate.com