Well someone once told me that I shouldn’t be sorry when I haven’t been able to blog on my normal schedule. The thing is, that I love to write on my blog. It is sort of therapeutic. It allows me to process my day and keep myself accountable to my health, fitness and personal goals.
Yesterday we had a strict schedule I needed to follow to make sure I got everything packed and sadly it did not include time for blogging. Our day started early with a trip to the gym for Friday’s workout. Since we did not do our workouts for Monday or Tuesday we did day 3 of our 5 day challenge.
I had my new favorite oatmeal. I am sure if you read my blog often you know that my breakfasts are normally very simple and that is just what this oatmeal is.
- 1/2 cups oatmeal
- 1 banana sliced
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- Cook above ingredients in microwave for 90 seconds
- Stir/smash bananas and cook for another 90 second.
- Top with natural peanut butter and drizzle with honey
After our workout we rushed home and made a quick and yummy lunch!
Saag’s Chicken Sausage and Broccoli pasta
- Brown one clove of garlic in a tsp. of olive oil.
- Add two links of chicken sausage; sliced
- Steam a bag of frozen broccoli in microwave (I used one of the steamable bags and steam for 7 minutes)
- Add broccoli to skillet and cook with 1 tsp. of steak seasoning.
- Meanwhile cook 2 servings of whole grain pasta.
- When pasta in cooked add to skillet with sausage and broccoli
- Add 2 tbs. Organic half and half and drizzle with Extra virgin Olive Oil
- Top with feta cheese
I did not expect the few changes I added to this dish from the last time I made it to make that much of a difference but it totally did! This was SO good!
For dinner last night we had pizza! This crust with mushrooms.
Once we made it to the cabin we unpacked all the food for the weekend and I began to wonder how I would make good choices in all of this food.
Hopefully these will be good…
I also remembered to bring plenty of bananas, yogurt, oranges and cheese sticks!
Alright…I’m off to relax for a little while before we get our workout for the day in!