So, let me just say, I am having a lot of fun with this “eating in” during Lent. We have eaten out a few times because we have decided it is sometimes impossible with out schedule to eat in every night without just eating frozen pizza. Between church activities and having volleyball every night except for Wednesday sometimes I feel like it is better for our sanity to have a meal out but we have limited it to once a week and normally on Sunday. This past Sunday we ate at home so we used Tuesday as our meal out this week. So, since I haven’t been doing too hot at posting anything about our meals this week I am going to give you a little recap of some things I have been enjoying this week.
Wednesday’s Lunch: Panini
Deli sliced barbeque chicken topped with spinach and grilled onions pressed on the panini maker and served with some random kettle cooked and veggie chips.
Wednesday’s Dinner: Soy-Dijon Glazed Salmon
- 2 salmon filets
- 3 oz. reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbs. Dijon Mustard
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- Combine soy sauce, mustard, garlic and oil in small bowl with a whisk.
- In a warm skillet pour half of the marinade in and place the salmon filets skin side up in the marinade. Cook for approximately 5 minutes.
- Flip salmon, pour on the remaining marinade and cook 5 more minutes with skin side down.
- Turn salmon for the last time, remove the skin and cook until your desired doneness.
Served with roasted sweet potatoes.
Today’s Lunch: Burger in a bowl
Kettle chips and veggie chips topped with a vegan boca burger. On my burger was laughing cow cheese, ketchup and spicy mustard. So simple but so good!
Tonight I am making my slow cooker fajitas! I think this is my new favorite meal. I am making the recipe times four so I am really hoping it all cooks in time for our small group tonight.