To make a long story short today has been one of those days. You know those days when you sit on the couch rocking a baby all day because they just don’t feel good. Yeah, one of those days, except I have two babies who both wanted to sit in my lap all day because they just didn’t feel good. I am thinking ear infection for Daisy and tooth breaking through the gums for LB. We have a doctor’s appointment for 10:30 in the morning. At this point I am hoping they sleep past 5:40 in the morning which is the wakeup call they gave us today.
So many times I walk into church on Sunday morning and some sweet person says “I love reading your blog but I just don’t see how you do all that you do.” Or someone says “I don’t see how you workout so much and still have time and energy to chase those babies”. Well the truth is I don’t do it all and sometimes I don’t get in the workouts I plan to. For instance, today I did two loads of laundry that got folded (but not put up) and one more in the washer and another in the dryer. I have not showered and I feel like I have accomplished nothing today. I also did not get my workout in because I did not want LB and Daisy to be in the child care at the gym because they were so fussy. I then thought we would go for a walk but between the weather and nap time it just wasn’t happening. Now I am not trying to just sit here and complain I simply want you all to know I am human and I do NOT do it all! Tonight I am just happy to have the babies in bed, the kitchen clean and a best friend that helps me with my fussy babies and always helps me get creative in the kitchen!
I can always count on Lindsay to say “Have you every tried to make __________” and if not then we try it. Normally it’s something like enchiladas or fajitas but tonight it was Angel Food Cake.
After looking at a few different recipes and evaluating the items in my pantry this is what we came up with.
Lindsay’s Angel Food Cake
- 12 egg whites at room temperature
- 1 1/4 tsp. cream of tarter
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup cake flour
- In your kitchenaid mixer (or with a hand mixer) beat egg whites, cream of tarter and salt on medium speed until frothy. (with whisk attachment)
- Add vanilla and continue to beat until soft peaks form.
- Add powdered sugar a little at a time and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Sprinkle flour on top of egg mixture and then gently fold until flour is combined.
- Spoon batter into an ungreased angel food pan and bake on 350 for 40 minutes. (I definitely undercooked mine only cooking 30 minutes so I would do the full 40)
- Let cool and enjoy!
I am glad this day is coming to an end and am looking forward to a better day tomorrow!